Friday 20 March 2009

19th March 2009 pm


Will it be a good sunset?
Only one way to find out, I grabbed the gear and headed off back to Hadrian's Wall.

My first intention was to head to Cawfields but as I approached Walltown I decided that would do nicely.
The Hadrian's Wall Path people have put in a superb footpath up Mucklebank Crag, using bolders and stones making a stairway to the top.

You get great views west from the slopes of Mucklebank, and at this time of the year it's spot on for the position of the sun setting.


I trotted along past Walltown Farm and cut up past King Arthur's Well ( yes, THAT King Arthur, he was really a Northumbrian King) and up the new path until I got just above the turret there, looking back west over Walltown Crags.
There were two or three sheep beautifully placed so I settled down to wait for the sun to set.


It was just about where I wanted it when I heard the sound of a quad bike and over the hill comes William from Walltown Farm, whistling and shouting instructions to his dogs, herding his ewe's to the lower pastures for the night.

I was surrounded by charging woolly backs and dogs.They all disappeared over the brow of the hill just as the sun went down.
Not my day ;)
I did get one or two shots that I can keep so it wasn't a complete waste.
Here's one of the sheep posing for me before their undignified exit.

Catch you later,

JoT

No comments:

Post a Comment