Tuesday 7 April 2009

Walltown


Missed a couple of days - sorry about that but my computer was out of commision, a trojan infection meant a wiped HD!

I was like a lost soul without a computer, sad I know, and I took to wandering around with my camera and a mournful look on my face.

Had a walk around Walltown Quarry and I must say things are looking very spik and span there, grass cut and edges beautifully trimmed, picnic benches in place and all ready to go for the new season.

The shop at Walltown is open again, so you can have a walk around the lake and then enjoy a hot drink and a chat to young Alison or Kath, her mum in the shop.

It's a great place to take children, masses of grass for them to run around and ducks to feed on the lake.

There's also a well maintained toilet block essential to old and young alike.

Some nice slopes for egg rolling with Easter coming up, do people still roll hard boiled eggs or is that one tradition that's faded in the mists of time?

If you're feeling energetic you can climb up to the Wall, some really good stretches remain at Walltown and the views are great on a clear day.

Soon the Hadrian's Wall bus will start running again, that travels from Bowness on Solway to Wallsend, goodness knows how long the whole trip would take but I bet you get some good views along the way.
Grid Ref: NY669659
There is a charge for the car park but it covers you for any of the NNPA car parks along the Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment