Sunday 26 July 2009

Mist and more mist

Up early for the sunrise - that's a 3.30 alarm call.

Sky was clear and, yet again, I was hoping for some mist to brighten my shots.

Drove along to Sewingshields, I park opposite Moss Kennels and make the climb up to the Wall, for a change I had some company. Not much conversation on the way up mind you, it's a steep climb and about half way up I'm wondering if there's some way I can have my ears adapted to take in extra oxygen.
It wasn't my intention to climb up to the trig point on Sewingshields this morning, Kings Hill is todays destination.
Lat: 55:01:06N (55.01838)
Lon: 2:19:01W (-2.31692)
What I like about this spot is there are views east and west always a good idea. I've lost count of the mornings when I'm out for a sunrise and facing east when all the colour is in the west, but there's not a view to put with it

Plenty of mist about and while waiting for the sun to rise I spent time stalking Stuart's sheep, they don't want to be stars in my shots and amble off, showing their bottoms, not the most photogenic part of the animal.

Eventually the sun came up and so did the mist, not the nice whispy stuff I like, but great big grey clouds of the stuff.

I did my usual running back and forward hoping that there's be a better view somewhere else but no the whole lot was hidden behind the fog.

We decided to head back down to the car and after a minute or so descended into a lovely bright morning - typical.

A stop off at Steel Rigg just to check and a few shots of Crag Lough with rising mist then back home for an early breakfast.

The long range weather forecast is grim so it looks like the bad weather we've had in July is set to continue into August.

I'm sure they'll be wrong - if you 'll just all say after me, August will be a lovely month, it WONT rain!

That should do it :)

Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment