Saturday 15 August 2009

Walltown to the rescue


Another early morning and another climb up to Cuddys Crag.

I had hopes of seeing meteorites but they were quickly dashed, it got foggier the higher I climbed. I could see the moon by looking straight up but that was it.

I hoped the rising sun would burn off the fog enough for me to get a photograph, I tried convincing myself it was getting clearer but it wasn't, so I walked back down the hill again to the car.

Now when I've got out of bed at 4am it pains me to return home without as much as a shot fired, so I called into Walltown Crags on the way home.

For some strange reason I find Walltown a really difficult place to photograph, it has all the right ingredients but I can never seem to put them together in the right way. There was some mist over the crags at Mucklebank and some nice diffused light, lovely conditions, but....
Took lots of photographs, including some 'snapshots' of a flock of fieldfares mobbing the red berries on the rown trees.

I couldn't believe the fieldfares were here already, we don't normally see flocks until late September. Could be a sign of a hard winter, better get the thermals ordered now!

I went back with my 200-500mm lens that afternoon, hoping to get a good shot of them feeding on the berries, but they'd moved on.

I'm sure you realise that I love this area, I'd love everyone to come and see how lovely it is for themselves.

Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment