Tuesday 8 September 2009

Another game of catch up


8.30am and I was out at Once Brewed as requested.
Managed to have a catch up chat with Michael the Ranger until the crew from Radio 2 arrived at 9ish after breakfast at the Twice Brewed.
Off up to Steel Rigg so they could be filmed by for a bit on Look North.

They were suitably impressed by the scene at Steel Rigg, Stuart Maconi is doing a tweet with photographs he's taken along the way.
They walked back and forward for the camera and while they stopped on the top of Peel Crags to be interviewed, I legged it along the bottom track to catch them at Sycamore Gap.

I don't know who planned the trip for them but I'm guessing they looked at a map measured the distance and thought it was an easy trek.

Of course the terrain isn't flat, the climbs are steep and the descents are too, especially when it's muddy underfoot.

Because they were doing a show at 8pm they were in powerwalk mode, way above my speed, so I was taking the flatter tracks that run parallel to the actual Wall to try and get ahead of them.

I'm definately too old for this :) At Cuddys Crag, Mark Radcliffe and his team flashed past without stopping.

Stuart was walking with David McGlade, the Hadrian's Wall National Trail manager, they kind enough to wait for me and so I have more photographs of Stuart.

The publicity they're giving the Hadrian's Wall Path is priceless and they seem to be mentioning everyone they come into contact with ( except me which probably means I was a total nuisance)

Be nice to get back to proper landscape photography, the view never has a deadline to meet, much more my pace.

Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment